Ballerina in Pink
Watercolor attempt #8.
This painting was not so easy. Even though I taped the paper down onto a board, the paper warped in ways that my previous paintings didn’t (I’m not sure why). Note the cockled marks lining my photo. BLEECH! I also found that painting a tutu skirt is a lot easier said than done and that very few instructional video’s exist on the subject.
But it’s finished and I can brag that I know more than I did when I started. Who knew that sprinkling salt on a wash would produce such interesting patterns.
Plus, my daughter continues to think I’m cool. That’s reward in and of itself!
(Click on thumbnail to view full-resolution image)